The purpose of the North Perimeter Alumni Chapter is to promote interests consistent with the Albany State University National Alumni Association through these guiding principles; financial resources, recruitment, retainage and reclamation. We are committed to the survival and continued growth of Albany State University by promoting a sense of University pride, tradition and loyalty among current and former students. We formed to serve, preserve and advance Alumni by creating and cultivating partnerships and collaborations that provide opportunities.
· To consistently provide student scholarships and financial assistance by ensuring the Chapter is financially self-sufficient and by building and sustaining a mutual fund or endowment.
· To pursue relationships for resources, grants, sponsorships and/or donations.
· To increase alumni participation in official fund raising activities contributing to the financial stability of the University and a sense of involvement.
· To advance the growth of our University by promoting greater public awareness and encouraging the enrollment of qualified students.
· To incorporate multiple ways to engage students by developing positive relationships with community organizations and businesses.
· To provide advocacy by serving as a liaison between Students and the University.
· To expose students to Alumni to cultivate relationships and create the expectation of them giving back to other students before and after graduation.
· To work in conjunction with the University to deliver student-centered services that attract, engage and retain motivated students.
· To connect by hosting events that encourages students and Alumni to fellowship together.
· To foster lifetime involvement and commitment to the University.
· To develop leaders through mentorship and networking opportunities.
· To ensure Chapter growth and membership participation by developing activities that target generations of alumni and nurture strong relationships between Alums, the community, the University and the world.
· To perpetuate friendship and fellowship among the members of the Association through a variety of alumni-sponsored events.
· To establish a climate of openness, mutual respect, and teamwork to promote the continuing association of alumni with one another and value each member as an individual and profit from our diversity.
· To develop, support and highlight alumni volunteer leadership and service initiatives that strengthens the community and supports the University’s goals.
· To seek relationships with alumni businesses to help support them and facilitate networking opportunities while doubling as a resource bank for exchanging career information to students and young alumni; and to benefit from the diverse interests, talents and backgrounds found within the Golden Ram Family.
· To strengthen communication between alumni and the University and to increase alumni participation and involvement in University activities.
Sign up to hear from us.